SubjectLindent and __user, etc.
Indent doesn't understand macros and typedefs, so when running Lindent
it makes some wrong suggestions about pointers. For example, something
like "void fun(void __iomem *ptr)" comes back as "void fun(void
__iomem * ptr)" from Lindent. I emailed the maintainer, and as indent
doesn't do any parsing, the only solution is by telling it your
typedefs with -T. Obviously, telling Lindent about every typedef and
special macro in the kernel might be prohibitive, but should it at
least know about __kernel, __user, etc. and all the u8, u16, etc.
typedefs?

Letting indent know about some common typenames will also help it find
other style bugs it currently misses. I can submit more examples if
desired, and I'll submit a patch to Lindent if people think it would
be a good idea. Please CC me directly with replies.

Thanks,
J.R.

  Last update: 2008-10-14 19:31    [W:0.029 / U:0.344 seconds]