SubjectWriting tests for write back
I am writing tests for the write back section of the kernel. This is
the stuff found in fs/fs-writeback.c.

Currently I have tests to fsync millions of inodes concurrently, tests
involving mounting and unmounting file systems, and other tests to
tickle some starvation of big file situations. Has anyone else been
bitten by writeback not performing correctly either in the past or
now? If so please send me the situation so I can incorporate it into
my tests and also make sure my new attempt at an implementation does
not cause damage.

These tests will end up in autotest on test.kernel.org so they will
become something the whole community can use.

mrubin

  Last update: 2008-01-07 19:51    [W:0.049 / U:0.028 seconds]