SubjectAUTO LOGIN BUG
Dear whoever is in charge of writing fedora core 7,

The auto login is a wonderful feature. However, there is a HUGE flaw in
it at the moment. It won't let me log in a root that way. That is MY
decision, not YOUR decision. Please fix it in an update!!! I'm sick of
having to log in as root every single time I use my computer. I
understand that there are situation where people have other people use
their computer and don't want them to be root. However, I never want to
be logged in as anything other than root, and I suspect everyone who has
half a brain is the exact same way. Honestly, have you ever been logged
in as someone other than root? You absolutely can do nothing on the
machine. For those who make the argument that someone logged in as root
might break the machine by doing something they shouldn't, I would say
it's already broken without being root. You cannot mount drives, edit
anything about how the /etc directory is setup, or do many other things
that everyone I know does on a regular basis. IN general, there are
times when you are logged in as a non-root user when it will ask you for
a password. That is so inconvenient when you are the only one who uses
your own computer. PLEASE get root auto login as an option. No one but
me has to set it up this way, but please give ME the option.

Thank You,

Sean McGuffee

  Last update: 2007-09-05 18:51    [W:0.038 / U:0.012 seconds]