Subjectglitch1 v1.6 script update and results on cfs-v13
The glitch1 script has been vastly updated, and now runs by itself after
being started. It produces files with the fps from glxgears and a
"fairloops" file which indicates the number of loops for each of the
scrolling xterms. This gives a good indication of fairness, all
processes should have about the same number of loops.

Testing 2.6.21.1-cfs-v13:

Using all default settings, all four processes ran the same number of
loops over 40sec within about 8%. I'll have some neat results with
standard deviation by the end of the weekend, it's supposed to rain.
Visual inspection of the glxgears while running looked smooth as a
baby's ass.

Current self-running script attached, I'm writing a doc, hopefully if
you want to tune it the comments are clear.

*Note*: these values make sense when various schedulers and tuning
values are run on the same machine. So I'll be testing on three
machines, with dual-core, hyperthreaded uni, and pure uni. Unless I see
a hint that one of these cases is handled less well than the others I
won't compare.

--
Bill Davidsen
He was a full-time professional cat, not some moonlighting

  Last update: 2007-05-18 21:11    [W:0.048 / U:0.120 seconds]