SubjectRe: incorrect taint of ndiswrapper
Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:

> I'm confused on the discussion:
> legal? I don't find how a windo$e driver can be "derived work" of Linux,
> and anyway they use a "standard" interface. So it is acceptable for GPL
> (IMHO and IANAL). so it is not a legal problem.
>
> I see only a development question:
> should we allow untrusted module to know and modify the
> "intimate" part of kernel, and cause compability and other large
> amount of problems into kernel developers, distribution and users?

I really cannot see even a political problem. I the case of ndiswrapper
the problem is not whether we want to support windows or whatever
drivermodules, but if we want to support NDIS drivers with a GPL wrapper.

regards,

Gianluca

> So it is a political question, not a legal question!
>
> ciao
> cate
> -
> linux-kernel" in

  Last update: 2006-10-26 15:07    [W:0.132 / U:0.580 seconds]