SubjectMulticast data packets forwarding in Linux kernel w.r.t. IGMP Proxy
Hi,
I am trying to implement the IGMP Proxy software in Linux.

I have some basic doubt related to forwarding multicast data packets
in linux, w.r.t. IGMP Proxy.

Is it the IGMP Proxy or Linux kernel (on which multicast routing support
is enabled), which one forwards multicast data packets?

In other words, is it required IGMP Proxy to route multicast data packets
based on membership database it has?
OR
Is it required to add multicast routes into the kernel, like a multicast
router adds using socket option MRT_ADD_MFC, from user space?

Do we have any exported calls to add/delete multicast routes in the kernel?
Can any body help in this regard?

Thanks in Advance,
Mahesh.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.021 / U:0.140 seconds]