SubjectRe: ptrace single-stepping change breaks Wine

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Jesse Allen wrote:

> Well I tried this patch and it works.

Goodie. Are there other known problems with silly copy-protection
schemes? It migth be worth testing.

However:

> Since I cannot spot any issue, the patch looks good. Are there any
> other test cases?

Yes. It seems I broke "strace" with it. Probably the difference in system
call trace reporting that Dan Jacobowitz already pointed out.

Now, that should be easily handled by just separating out the cases of
system call tracing and debug trap handling, and using the old silly code
for system calls. I'd prefer a cleaner approach, but that seems to be the
sane thing to do for now.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:1.298 / U:0.048 seconds]