SubjectSimple patches for Linux as a guest OS in a plex86 VM (please consider)
Hello all,

I'm working on running Linux as a guest OS inside a
lightweight cut-down plex86 environment. My goal is to
run a stock Linux kernel, which can be slimmed down to
the essentials via kernel configuration, since a guest
OS doesn't need to drive much hardware.

For this, there's a few critical but simple diffs to
macro'ize the use of the PUSHF and POPF instructions,
due to broken semantics of running stuff using
PVI (protected mode virtual interrupts). The rest of
the stuff I believe can be monitored effectively by
the VM monitor.

Would you please consider integrating these diffs before 2.6?
There's only one new header file, and macro substitution for
a few cases where these instructions are used. For a normal
compile, there are zero logic changes. Just 1:1 macros.

Thanks much,
-Kevin Lawton