SubjectRe: F*ck*ng japanese garbage postings and possible HACK.

Mike A. Harris writes:

> This is not the first time Japanese Kanji (or whatever the hell
> it is) have made it to the mailing list. I would have partially
> quoted the message I am refering to, however when I TRIED to
> quote it, PINE segfaulted saying "impossible or illegal character
> in From line".

First of all, I find this to be a strange complaint. I've never
seen the Japanese spam that is supposed to be so common.
Maybe it isn't going through vger itself?

> Since there is no way for vger to filter this japanese SPAM, does
> anyone have a procmail rule which could do it? Or would

I hope you can make exceptions for body text containing Linux stuff:

linux kernel diff kmalloc printk VFS module oops linus ext2
virtual char int core driver nfs include asm tcp proc beos befs
scsi irda ircomm plip console video usb driver debian redhat
fs/ init/ lib/ mm/ net/ ipc/ arch/ scripts/ Documentation/
torvalds gnu samba apache unicode vfat +++ crash inode skbuf

(the above is slanted towards topics with Japanese developers)

Whiny perfectionists can go to a hell that burns every day,
except that it misses 30% of the tuesdays when the moon is full.

> filtering out all postings from .jp do it? Are there any
> japanese folk on the list with .jp addresses that make active
> contributions? Just wondering because I want to permanently
> filter this garbage which appears about once a week, but I don't
> want to filter out legitimate postings from decent japanese folk.

Not that I think this is the best way, but...

Here is a list of people from the kernel source and elsewhere.
Change 'X' to '@' to remove my spam protection effort.

Fumitoshi UKAI <ukaiXdebian.or.jp>
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI
"Ryuichi Oikawa" <roikawaXrr.iiij4u.or.jp>
<Kazuki.YasumatsuXfujixerox.co.jp>
<manabeXRoy.dsl.tutics.ac.jp>
Takashi Manabe <manabeXroy.dsl.tutics.tut.jp>
Chiaki Ishikawa <ishikawaXyk.rim.or.jp>
H. NEGISHI (agy, negishiXsun45.psd.cs.fujitsu.co.jp)
Kazutoshi MORIOKA (moriokaXaurora.oaks.cs.fujitsu.co.jp)
Masahiro SEKIGUCHI <sekiXsysrap.cs.fujitsu.co.jp>
Masayoshi UTAKA (utakaXace.yk.fujitsu.co.jp)
NIIBE Yutaka <gniibeXmri.co.jp>
Niibe Yutaka <gniibeXmri.co.jp>
NIIBE Yutaka <gniibeXchroot.org>
Takahide Higuchi <thiguchiXpluto.dti.ne.jp>
Takashi Iwai <iwaiXdragon.mm.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Tanabe Hiroyasu <hiroXsanpo.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Tetsuyasu YAMADA (tetsuXcauchy.nslab.ntt.co.jp)
Yutaka TAMIYA (tamyXflab.fujitsu.co.jp)
gotoXplathome.co.jp
NAKA Takafumi (takafumiXyk.rim.or.jp)
Ken-ichi Yaku <yakuXcss1.kbnes.nec.co.jp>
Hidemi Kishimoto <kisimotoXcss1.kbnes.nec.co.jp>
gameraXquartz.ocn.ne.jp
Shingo Fujimoto, shingoXflab.fujitsu.co.jp
Nobuhiro Katayama, kata-nXpo.iijnet.or.jp
Kasamatsu Kenichi <t29w0267Xip.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
"Ryuichi Oikawa" <roikawaXrr.iiij4u.or.jp>
Chiaki Ishikawa <ishikawaXyk.rim.or.jp>

> Any idea how to get procmail to grab these garbage postings, and
> ONLY the garbage ones? I'm thinking a recipe looking for
> addresses ending in .jp, and a subject containing any "$" chars

The "$" rule could be used on non-japanese posts as well.
Think about what non-hacker people use "$" to represent.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.043 / U:0.004 seconds]