SubjectRe: serial problems
   Date: 	Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:45:58 +0200
From: octave klaba <oles@ovh.net>

I use the serial cart with 5.03 / 2.2.17
Serial driver version 5.03 (2000-08-11) with MANY_PORTS SHARE_IRQ SERIAL_PCI enabled
00:0d.0 Serial controller: Timedia Technology Co Ltd: Unknown device 7168 (rev 01)

I realized it can crash easy a system:
run kermit on a ttySX to an another box.
when you get the terminal just disconnect the cable
and connect it on a another serial port (without any output)
now quit kermit: your system should be crashed.

Can you actually give me some details of how your system "crashed"? It
certainly shouldn't have. Kermit will sometimes hang waiting for the
terminal to flush if it's enabled hardware flow control and there are
characters pending to be flushed. ^Z will generally break out of the
waiting loop, at which point you can kill the kermit process with a kill
command. ^C will also break you out back to the kermit prompt, at which
point a second "quit" command will generally work.

another bug (known bug I think) is: if you use
a serial cable not connected, your system crashs
on the boot.

Huh? I have several machines without a serial cable, and it certainly
doesn't crash on boot.

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.023 / U:2.704 seconds]