SubjectRE: [patch]K6-2/K-III compile option
Date

No they aren't pretty sure on this one.
MMX-Integer-multiple data single instruction
SIMD-Floating Point-multiple data single instruction
:-) Michael

> So AMD develoed 3dnow and K6-2 and K6-3 have 3dnow. These are floating
> point commands for multimedia operations. SIMD AFAIK.
>
> Intel saw the benefits and added similar FPU SIMD to PIII.
>
> Now AMD rebuilt the K* family for better speed and K7 has both integer
> and FP operations fast. Even faster than PIII. It's again the fastest
> x86 cpu vendor for a short period (like woth K6 when PII was not out
> yet).
>
> --
> Meelis Roos (mroos@tartu.cyber.ee)

The information contained in this E-Mail is confidential
and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you receive this E-Mail in error, any use, distribution
or copying of this E-Mail is not permitted. You are
requested to forward unwanted E-Mail and address any problems
to the MIM Holdings Limited Help Desk.
E-Mail: helpdesk@mim.com.au or phone: Australia 07 3833 8042.