Subjecthard locks on large/looped memory allocations
Hi,

2.2.x has for the most part been rock stable for me, however there is
one persisting problem which really still seems to lock it up for me.
Whenever a large memory allocation occurs, the system seems to just lock
up during that period and become completely unresponsive. Just a few
minutes ago, I had a program which basically went intoa while (1) {
mallloc(1024) } loop. At the time of this, I had about 150 megs of ram
free (between swap and physical) and still, the system became completely
unresponsive and I had to hit the power button. The last refresh of
wmmon showed abuot 50% of the swap free. So its not like there was no
ram left. Also, whats wierder is, ip masquerading still worked without a
hitch, so I'm not sure exactly what is going on.

The system is a Celeron 333a with 96 megs of physical ram and 256 megs
of swap.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.029 / U:0.212 seconds]