SubjectRe: Lets get this right (WAS RE:MOSIX and kernel mods)

Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

>Larry McVoy writes:
>> From: "Albert D. Cahalan" <acahalan@cs.uml.edu>

>I still expect you to apologize to the DIPC authors. You've accused
>them of lying and bloat without even looking at the code. Unlike you,
>they actually wrote some code.

Albert, now you are getting the picture here. I used to discuss the
technical issues before, but that was because I thought I was taking part
in a genuine techincal discussion. Unfortunately this proved not to be the
case.

Most of the people opposing DIPC have never even looked at the
documentaion, much less the code itself. The problem is, they think they
are wiser than the rest of us, and have this divine obligation to save
the Linux kernel from bloating.

It is interesting to see the amount of energy they spend on keeping
DIPC out of standard Linux kernel distributions. Unfortunately, most of
this energy is used in "talking" than brain activity.

Answering them is a privilege they don't deserve, and is hopeless anyway.

I guess Linus will be the ultimate judge here. I am hoping that DIPC will
get into 2.3.x kernels when they start to come out. Maybe this way more
people will actually see what it is, how it works, the effects it has on
the kernel, and what kind of applications will benefit from it. That is
becasue currently using DIPC requires patching the standard kernel, and
many people are not comfortable with that.

-Kamran

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.106 / U:0.008 seconds]