SubjectRe: PS/2 SMP
On Sun, Mar 21, 1999 at 11:32:40AM +0100, Roman Drahtmueller wrote:
> Am I the only one to experience those keyboard crashes with a PS/2
> mouse on a dual P-II-450 on an ASUS Board? Keyboard just freezes.
> Forget about the mouse. No signs of the driver in /proc/interrutps or
> devices.
> The freeze doesn't happen when I set the PS/2 mouse function to
> "Auto" (instead of "Enable") in the Bios setup. It would just sit
> there after a mouse-movement and block the keyboard for a while.
>
> Btw, talking BIOS: 2.2.3 crashes instantly on this board without MTRR
> support. :-/

Need model number of ASUS board and BIOS revision before we can help, really.
For kicks, check to see if there is a new bios for it at
ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM

That site is always more up to date than the Japan or USA site, unfortunately.
The same can be said for the Russian USR Robotics site compared to 3com's awful
USA site. My Dual's latest rev on the USA site is from 3/98, the newest on the
Russian site is 12/98.

--
Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer