SubjectRe: kernel: SMBFS: need mount version 6

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > I'm using kernel 2.2.3 and when I try to smbmount a shared
> > directory from a win95 machine I get an error message like this:
>
> > SMBFS: need mount version 6
>
> The new kernels require a totally new smbmount program. The
> old smbmount program came with the separate smbfs package, which is
> no longer maintained. The smbfs module is now part of the kernel
> and the smbmount program is part of the Samba package.
>
> Get the latest Samba package (currently Samba 2.0.3) from samba.org.
>
> Unpack Samba and run configure with the "--with-smbmount" option.
>
> Build and install samba, and you will then have the new smbmount
> program.
>
> Note: The syntax to smbmount has changed. Check the man pages
> carefully!

I did that and it works great, but I thaught I should let you know
that after I smbmount-ed the share it happened that I tried to unmount it
using 'umount /mnt/share' and the computer completely freezed.
all I could do was to change the virtual consoles and use the SysRq keys.

is there a bug?

regards,
Claudiu Bosioc

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.065 / U:0.828 seconds]