SubjectRe: Are people still having fun with psaux and 2.1.12/3x ?
On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Mike McEwan wrote:

> From the feedback I've had so far from fellow sufferers, it would
>appear the problem may be limited to mice with *wheels*. I don't
>really know anything here, but can't these appear like 5-button mice?

I have no problems running X with a 2 button + wheel (which acts as a
third button, plus 4 + 5 for the up and down movement of the wheel)
Microsoft Intellimouse. I never got gpm to work happily with it, so I
stopped using gpm (I almost never do console stuff, so I didn't really
care), but X works great.

(Xfree86 3.3.2.3)

/etc/X11/XF86Config:
[snip]
Section "Pointer"
Protocol "imps/2"
Device "/dev/mouse"
ZAxisMapping 4 5
[snip]

X might get unhappy if you have a protocol of ps/2 instead of imps/2 and
you have a wheel mouse. I don't know, though...

Mike Sackton

--
"I always try to make sure that I never spell the word typo wrong, because
I think that would look really silly." -- Laura Sackton