SubjectRe: 2.0.1 hangs during boot
At 15:31 07/05/96, Paul Matthews wrote:
>Klaus,
>
>I saved the following message a few weeks ago:
>
>Hi,
>
>Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
>> I originally implemented the cuaXX/ttySXX lockout mechanism back before
>> FSSTND established a standard convention for the use of tty lock files.
>> Now that it's there, people should use the tty lock files and not try
>> using /dev/cuaXX. The only reason why /dev/cuaXX hasn't disappeared yet
>> is for backwards compatibility reasons.
>
>Looks like we definitely do not need any "cua?"'s any more.

Hi Paul,
That may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that when I use
/dev/ttyS1 during boot I hang but if I use /dev/cua1 I don't.

Cheers,
Bruce.

Bruce Thompson | "Rumors of our death have been greatly
Developer Technical Support | exaggerated."
Newton Systems Group | - Employees of Apple Computer, Inc.
Apple Computer, Inc. |
bruce@newton.apple.com | "Don't believe half of what you hear,
bthompson@applelink.apple.com | and most of what you read in the papers"
bruce@otherother.com | - Me

I don't speak for Apple, my opinions are strictly my own.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.037 / U:0.104 seconds]