Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 23:16:42 -0500
From: Steven N. Hirsch <hirsch@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu>
To: "B. James Phillippe" <bryan@eternity.aa.net>
Subject: Re: Can't build ppp since 1.3.78 (I'm trying hard)

B. James Phillippe wrote:

> > you were very close. don't include <asm/string.h>, instead include
> > <linux/string.h>. and be sure to use -O (or -O2, or -O3).
>
> I tried what you said to do, and it certainly did get rid of all the
> undefined references to the memset function family. I still did not
> succeed in getting a link, however. There is one new undefined reference

Hi, I just spent about a half-hour wrestling with this same problem. You
really _don't_ want netdevices.h being included - trust me on this <g>. From
my observations, the only problem is a missing reference to MAX_ADDR_LEN. Just
add this to linux/include/linux/if_arp.h at the beginning, and put ppp sources
back the way they were originally:

#ifndef MAX_ADDR_LEN
#define MAX_ADDR_LEN 7
#endif

This solved the entire problem and it works fine! If you get a chance, would
you post it to the list? I get a digest and cannot post directly.

- Steve

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.583 / U:0.008 seconds]