SubjectRe: VGA & Floppy Errors
Date
Hi,

> I think it MAY be inportant to note I also run a Mitsumi CD-ROM. I know
> it's a 1x but I forget the rest, and it's not in /var/adm/mess* becuause
> I deleted it 2 days ago and *75 is fairly stable for me :)
>
> > Strangely enough I have had the same type of problem. Setting my initial
> > text mode to 132x43 caused my CD-ROM (Mitsumi FX001D) not to be detected.
> > I have not tried any other modes (#9 9FX Motion531 video on Intel Zappa
> > MB, Zappa Release 4 BIOS), but I suspect the video code is doing
> > something strange. My CD-ROM drive never freaks out like that any other
> > time, so the video mode switching code is my prime suspect. Anyone have
> > any suggestions? If anyone has a patch or if they have an idea of what
> > the problem is, please let me know. Thanks much.

Well, the video code is doing lots of very strange things when performing
video card detection, but if you don't use the menu nor menu item numbers
when selecting the mode (by giving BIOS mode ID directly -- see the manual),
no autodetection is done. Can you test it this way? If the bug will still
manifest itself, it probably is not in the video code.

Martin

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.053 / U:1.260 seconds]