Subject/proc/meminfo problem
Date
Hi there,
this is my first post to this list. I am new here so forgive me if this
question has already been answered.

When i do a cat on /proc/meminfo I find the memory slowly leaking away.
This happens on newer kernels with some atm patches.

Another thing that happens is that when i start x and then quit it
there is a descrepancy of abt 3 megs between the pre X start up and
post X sutdown free mem.
When I start X several times it doesnt gobble up more memory.

If i keep my system booted up for several hours I show 31 out of my 32 megs
beeing used up. But I have no problems doing stuff like starting X , xemacs
etc.

Has this been observed by other people??
If so what is the reason and is there any remedy for it...
balaji
PS: the kernel version is linux 1.3.62
balaji
Balaji Srinivasan
Voice: (913)-864-7756(W) email: balaji@tisl.ukans.edu
(913)-841-3555(H) WWW : http://www.eecs.ukans.edu/~balaji

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.316 / U:0.892 seconds]