SubjectRe: CONFIG_PNP: Please change the name
[snip...]
>> That's not exactly an option... You see, if a card can only be configured
>> through PNP, then you'll _need_ PNP to use that card. If you don't have any
>> PNP cards, then it shoudn't effect you.
>>
>I don't know where you get the Idea that that is not an option. The
>US Robotics Sportster Modem that I am using has such an option which
>I am using. It is a manual jumper option.
Some cards are that way though, the SoundBlaster AWE Pnp is one (I think),
and I KNOW the Supra Express 288iPnP is one (I have one of those and can't
use the modem under Linux...at least not unless I want to do something
stupid like use loadlin to boot Linux under umsdos filesystem). PnP
development is a _MUST_ for Linux to be usable on most of the systems that
are currently selling.
My one cent...
Danny Barron

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.100 / U:0.284 seconds]