SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with Linus' tree
Hi Stephen and all,

>> Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:
>>
>> drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/samsung-dsim.c
>>
>> between commit:
>>
>> ff3d5d04db07 ("drm: bridge: samsung-dsim: Don't use
>> FORCE_STOP_STATE")
>>
>> from Linus' tree and commit:
>>
>> b2fe2292624a ("drm: bridge: samsung-dsim: enter display mode in the
>> enable() callback")
>>
>> from the drm-misc tree.
>>
>> I fixed it up (see below, please check) and can carry the fix as
>> necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but
>> any
>> non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
>> when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to
>> consider
>> cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise
>> any
>> particularly complex conflicts.
>
> I changed my mind and just used the latter version of this file.

Bug wise, this is the wrong solution. Because it will reintroduce the
faulty FORCE_STOP_STATE. Also keep in mind, my fixes commit is/was
already
backported to the stable series.

See also the discussion at [1]. Unfortunately, there was no conculusion
yet.
I think [2] is the proper resolution, at least for the commit
b2fe2292624a
("drm: bridge: samsung-dsim: enter display mode in the enable()
callback")
I'm not sure in what state the drm-misc tree is.

-michael

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/dri-devel/CAPM=9tytMB9frxNeD08hu1qsusY=wEE3bJOFmUgA1rSpabwDpg@mail.gmail.com/
[2]
https://lore.kernel.org/dri-devel/31e1a38a1d012a32d6f7bc8372b6360e@kernel.org/

  Last update: 2024-05-27 14:50    [W:0.056 / U:0.700 seconds]