    SubjectRe: [RFD] posix-timers: CRIU woes
    From

    On 11.05.2023 17:36, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

    >>> If you give us a new API to create timers with specified id-s, we will
    >>> figure out how to live with it. It isn't good to ask users to update
    >>> CRIU to work on new kernels, but here are reasons and event improvements
    >>> for CRIU, so I think it's worth it.
    >>
    >> I agree, any API to create timers with specified id-s would work for new
    >> CRIU versions.
    >
    > The real question is whether this will cause any upheaval when a new
    > kernel meets a non-updated CRIU stack.

    Creation of posix timer would hang forever in this loop
    https://github.com/checkpoint-restore/criu/blob/33dd66c6fc93c47213aaa0447a94d97ba1fa56ba/criu/pie/restorer.c#L1185
    if old criu is run on new kernel (without consecutive id allocation) AFAICS.

    --
    Best regards, Tikhomirov Pavel
    Senior Software Developer, Virtuozzo.

      Last update: 2023-05-11 11:54    [W:4.331 / U:0.500 seconds]