SubjectRe: Google Summer-of-Code 2023
Hello,

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 3:01 PM Ian Rogers <irogers@google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 2:22 PM Ian Rogers <irogers@google.com> wrote:

> > > A reminder of the GSoC timeline. Applications open in a week;
> > >
> > > * February 22 - March 19
> > > Potential GSoC contributors discuss application ideas with mentoring
> > > organizations
> > >
> > > * March 20 - 18:00 UTC
> > > GSoC contributor application period begins
> > >
> > > * April 4 - 18:00 UTC
> > > GSoC contributor application deadline
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ian
> >
> > A reminder that the application period closes in just over a week:
> > https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline
> > April 4 - 18:00 UTC
> > GSoC contributor application deadline
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ian
>
> If you are looking for ideas on how to write a good proposal, PSF has
> a collection of previously accepted proposals:
> https://blogs.python-gsoc.org/en/
>
> You can also see the final report of Riccardo Mancini:
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/3c4f8dd64d07373d876990ceb16e469b4029363f.camel@gmail.com/

I have a proposal about the build without libtraceevent.
Now it disables many perf commands if it doesn't have the
library. But part of sub-commands would work without it.

For example, perf lock contention has two different modes
one is to use tracepoints (using the libtraceevent) and
the other is just use BPF. The latter should work require
anything from the libtraceevent so we can enable such
usecase.

Others like perf sched, kmem and so on might want to run
only record part like in a small embedded machine (without
libtraceevent). Then we can copy the saved data to a host
and run the report or other sub-commands to analyze the
data (again, using libtraceevent).

Thanks,
Namhyung

  Last update: 2023-03-28 04:02    [W:0.090 / U:0.024 seconds]