    SubjectRe: Removing the deprecated htmldocs for good?
    On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 09:19:21AM -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
    > > While scanning through the internet for kernel documentation, I
    > > stumbled upon the old deprecated htmldocs under
    > > https://www.kernel.org/doc/htmldocs/. I see that on
    > > https://www.kernel.org/doc/, we already point out that 'htmldocs -
    > > Kernel Documentation in docbook format (deprecated).' is deprecated.
    > > If I am not mistaken, all the content from htmldocs has now been
    > > transformed into .rst and has potentially evolved further and hence
    > > all relevant information should also already be available somewhere in
    > > https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/.
    > >
    > > Is it now time to delete the content under
    > > https://www.kernel.org/doc/htmldocs/ for good?
    >
    > I think that time may have come, yes; perhaps just have it redirect to
    > https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/ instead?

    I'm going through my backlog (of which I have lots) and I finally got around
    to making this change. Requesting https://www.kernel.org/doc/htmldocs/ should
    now send you to the archives site, and it's gone from the listing in
    www.kernel.org/doc.

    -K

      Last update: 2023-03-27 00:18    [W:2.903 / U:0.816 seconds]