SubjectRe: How to pass software configuration to driver built as module in boot up phase
From
On 10/31/2023 7:35 AM, Masami Hiramatsu (Google) wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 19:21:48 +0800
> Tingwei Zhang <quic_tingweiz@quicinc.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Masami, Greg and Rafael,
>>
>> I have one driver that needs a bunch to software configuration like 1000
>> settings. These settings can be different according to the use case.
>
> Is it an out-of-tree driver which can not be embedded?
Current it's out-of-tree and we are trying to get it accepted.

>> They are required in boot up phase so we can't reply on user space to
>> make the configuration.
>>
>> Boot config is not preferred since we'd like to build that driver as
>> dynamic load Kernel module.
>>
>> Could you let me know if there's any mechanism in Kernel to do that?
>
> Hm, it is interesting situation. So I made the bootconfig API and data
> released after boot (only keep it in /proc/bootconfig). So I thought
> module loader script can parse it and pass params to the modules.
If we use bootconfig API in driver, it can't be built as module.
Compilation won't pass.

--
Thanks,
Tingwei

  Last update: 2023-10-31 04:01    [W:0.090 / U:0.028 seconds]