SubjectRe: On brcm80211 maintenance and support
From
On 10/12/23 01:41, Arend van Spriel wrote:
[snip]
>> I have a patch to enable WPA3 in Broadcom chipsets (yes, the driver is
>> in such a sorry state it doesn't even support that yet). The current
>> support attempt was added by a Cypress engineer and uses a completely
>> different firmware mechanism. Is that supposed to actually work? Does it
>> work currently? Is that the case for all Cypress firmwares? Or only
>> some? Does the alternate mechanism we have for Broadcom chips work too?
>> Only Cypress can answer those questions ahead of time, and they aren't
>> (they ignored me last time I brought this up). So my current patch just
>> replaces the mechanism with the known-working one for Broadcom chips.
>
> This is mainly why I introduced the vendor-split concept so we can keep
> the Cypress mechanism and allow a different mechanism for Broadcom
> chips. The Cypress mechanism did not work for the Broadcom chips I have
> so I wanted to test it on the Cypress chips I got shipped long ago and
> they simply do not come up. Have not tried with RPi as it is not running
> vanilla kernel. Could try with a backports driver.

You can run mainline on all of the Raspberry Pi devices, as far as Wi-Fi
is concerned I cannot think of any major roadblocks, if not, email me
privately and we can figure this one out.
--
Florian

  Last update: 2023-10-12 18:26    [W:0.183 / U:0.204 seconds]