SubjectRe: [REGRESSION] suspend to ram fails in 6.2-rc1 due to tpm errors
From
On 1/5/23 14:59, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 29.12.22 05:03, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:

>>> That's a TPM 1.2 error which means the TPM failed the selftest. The
>>> original problem was reported against TPM 2.0 because of a missing
>>> try_get_ops().
>>
>> No, I'm pretty sure the original bug, which was fixed by "char: tpm:
>> Protect tpm_pm_suspend with locks" regards 1.2 as well, especially
>> considering it's the same hardware from Vlastimil causing this. I also
>> recall seeing this in 1.2 when I ran this with the TPM emulator. So
>> that's not correct.
>
> James, are you or some other TPM developer looking into this? Or is this
> deadlocked now? And if so: how can we get this unstuck to get this
> regression solved?
>
> Side note: I wonder if the problem that Johannes reported yesterday in
> this thread (
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/Y7VCcgHUC6JtnO2b@gmail.com/
> ) is related or something else, as it seems his issue happens with 6.1,
> while Vlastimil's problems should be fixed there. Or am I missing something?

Yaeh, as Jason noted, the fix in 6.1 probably covered only the most common
race scenario, yet other(s) were still possible, just more rare. So most
likely I just happened not to trigger it anymore with 6.1, only after
switching to 6.2 - but it's not really a new bug in 6.2. And 6.1 also only
started to exhibit it because hwrng started using the tpm, which would just
sit unused before that.

> Ciao, Thorsten (wearing his 'the Linux kernel's regression tracker' hat)
> --
> Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
> https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
> If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.

  Last update: 2023-03-26 23:28    [W:0.184 / U:0.828 seconds]