SubjectRe: Bug report: the extended PCI config space is missed with 6.2-rc2
On Thu, Jan 05, 2023 at 01:43:20PM -0800, Dan Williams wrote:
> Bjorn Helgaas wrote:

> > > Ah, true, certainly for new stuff, but what about MCFG specifically?
> > > What harm is there an assuming that MMCONFIG intersecting with
> > > EfiMemoryMappedIO shall be treated as reserved for MMCONFIG usage.
> >
> > Probably none, and I think that's what we'll have to do. Ugh.
> > Another random special-case rule.

> I am still holding out that a BIOS developer can either say "whoops,
> populating MMCONFIG in _CRS was overlooked", or point out "if you take
> the derivative of the PCI spec, multiply it be the inverse of the EFI
> spec and then take the cross-product with the ACPI spec then the memory
> type comes out as implicitly reserved".

Hahaha :) Yep, but even if they change it, apparently there are lots
of machines in the field that won't get updated, so we're stuck
working around it.

Or, I guess the best-case scenario would be that it's not actually a
firmware bug, and there's some clean fix we can make to Linux. But
I'm not holding my breath.

  Last update: 2023-03-26 23:29    [W:0.054 / U:0.256 seconds]