SubjectRe: [syzbot] KASAN: use-after-free Read in rdma_close
On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 08:23:14PM +0900, asmadeus@codewreck.org wrote:
> Leon Romanovsky wrote on Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 01:49:19PM +0300:
> > > But I agree I did get that wrong: trans_mod->close() wasn't called if
> > > create failed.
> > > We do want the idr_for_each_entry() that is in p9_client_destroy so
> > > rather than revert the commit (fix a bug, create a new one..) I'd rather
> > > split it out in an internal function that takes a 'bool close' or
> > > something to not duplicate the rest.
> > > (Bit of a nitpick, sure)
> >
> > Please do proper unwind without extra variable.
> >
> > Proper unwind means that you will call to symmetrical functions in
> > destroy as you used in create:
> > alloc -> free
> > create -> close
> > e.t.c
> >
> > When you use some global function like you did, there is huge chance
> > to see unwind bugs.
>
> No.

Let's agree to disagree.

> Duplicating complicated cleanup code leads to leaks like we used to
> have; that destroy function already frees up things in the right order.

It is pretty straightforward code, nothing complex there.

Just pause for a minute, and ask yourself how totally random guy who
looked on this syzbot bug just because RDMA name in it, found the issue
so quickly.

I will give a hint, I saw not symmetrical error unwind in call trace.

Thanks

  Last update: 2022-09-28 13:55    [W:0.125 / U:2.824 seconds]