SubjectRe: Similar SoCs with different CPUs and interrupt bindings
From
On 21/09/2022 12:13, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> 4. Put all the "interrupts" properties in the SoC-specific DTSI at the
>> same level as the interrupt controller to which they correspond. Works
>> out of the box with no horrible mystery macros, and is really no more or
>> less error-prone than any other approach. Yes, it means replicating a
>> bit of structure and/or having labels for everything (many of which may
>> be wanted anyway), but that's not necessarily a bad thing for
>> readability anyway. Hierarchical definitions are standard FDT practice
>> and should be well understood, so this is arguably the simplest and
>> least surprising approach :)
>
> Thanks for the suggestion!
>
> It does mean we have to update 3 .dtsi files when adding support
> for a new device. As long as all DT changes go through the same (soc)
> tree, we can easily manage the dependencies.

If the new nodes are disabled (in main shared DTSI), then it would not
need immediate update in other arch. However enabling it in other arch
would require cross-tree pull (AFAIR, RISC-V changes do not go to SoC tree).

Best regards,
Krzysztof

  Last update: 2022-09-21 12:21    [W:0.051 / U:0.264 seconds]