SubjectRe: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the mm tree
On Mon, 19 Sep 2022 07:47:51 -0700 "Zach O'Keefe" <zokeefe@google.com> wrote:

> Apologies here. Yes, the correct Fixes tag should be, based off latest
> mm-unstable,
>
> Fixes: 8d88fef0b3d8 ("selftests/vm: add thp collapse file and tmpfs testing")
>
> Now, I'm quite confused as to has this happened as I've been generating
> citations using something similar to the --format string you reference, but
> perhaps this time I chose to do it manually and messed it up. Anyways, will
> write something to catch these mistakes in the future.

The hashes in mm-unstable change every day.

Doesn't matter, I'll queue fixes against mm-unstable's foo.patch as
foo-fix.patch and I'll squash foo-fix.patch into foo.patch before
moving f.patch into mm-stable.

> Andrew, there are a few changes incoming to the "mm: add file/shmem support to
> MADV_COLLAPSE" series based off recent reviews (including another patch with
> a commit description change). Perhaps it's easier for me to send a new (v4)
> series to mm-unstable to address these? Otherwise, I'm not sure how to
> request these metadata changes.

As described above, the metadata gets fixed at this end. mm-unstable
is called "unstable" for a reason ;)

But yes, I think a replacement series would be best in this case.

  Last update: 2022-09-19 23:05    [W:0.053 / U:1.608 seconds]