SubjectRE: imx8mm lcdif->dsi->adv7535 no video, no errors
Date
Hi Adam,

> Subject: Re: imx8mm lcdif->dsi->adv7535 no video, no errors
>
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 7:52 AM Marco Felsch <m.felsch@pengutronix.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > On 22-08-04, Dave Stevenson wrote:
> > > Hi Marco

> state if you want.

> clock.
> > >
> > > You have an effective pixel clock, with a fixed conversion for the
> > > configuration.
> > >
> > > DSI bit-clock * number of lanes / bits_per_pixel = pixel rate.
> > > 891Mbit/s * 4 lanes / 24bpp = 148.5 Mpixels/s
> >
> > Okay, I just checked the bandwidth which must equal.
> >
> > > As noted elsewhere, the DSI is DDR, so the clock lane itself is only
> > > running at 891 / 2 = 445.5MHz.

> > > "Specifically the ADV7533 supports the Non-Burst Mode with syncs.
> > > This mode requires real time data generation as a pulse packet
> > > received becomes a pulse generated. Therefore this mode requires a
> > > continuous stream of data with correct video timing to avoid any
> > > visual artifacts."
> > >
> > > LP mode is supported on data lanes. Clock lane must remain in HS
> mode.
> > >
> > > "... the goal is to accurately convey DPI-type timing over DSI. This
> > > includes matching DPI pixel-transmission rates, and widths of timing
> > > events."
> >
> > Thanks for sharing.

> > > Has someone changed the number of lanes in use? I'd missed that if
> > > so, but I'll agree that 891MHz over 2 lanes should work for 720p60.
> >
> > The ADV driver is changing it autom. but this logic is somehow odd and
> > there was already a approach to stop the driver doing this.
> >
> > To sync up: we have two problems:
> > 1) The 720P mode with static DSI host configuration isn't working
> > without hacks.
>
> can you share your hacks with me about getting 720p to work? I've been
> struggling to get 720 to work.

I have problems with 720p working on 3 lanes. Then I switch to 4 lanes [1]
and it starts working on Renesas RZ/G2L SMARC EVK.

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-renesas-soc/patch/20220309151109.20957-2-biju.das.jz@bp.renesas.com/

Cheers,
Biju

  Last update: 2022-08-04 16:45    [W:0.091 / U:0.236 seconds]