SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Kselftest update for Linux 5.20-rc1
On 8/2/22 10:44 PM, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
> On 02/08/2022 15:29, Shuah Khan wrote:
>> On 8/2/22 3:51 AM, Mickaël Salaün wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This change breaks the Landlock test build when performed on the tools/testing/selftests/landlock directory because the (non-system/up-to-date) kernel headers aren't found. Looking at the use of top_srcdir and HDR_PATH, it seems that multiple subsystems are using this feature. I consider this change a regression.
>>>

>> I did a build test from the top level before sending the pull request
>> and didn't catch this breakage as a result. This breaks when build is
>> run from the test directory.
>>
>> We have had several problems related to khdr_dir and target and decided
>> to move away from it with this change.
>>
>>> It also removes the check on up-to-date kernel headers (thanks to the Makefile's target timestamp).
>>>
>>> I wasn't CCed for this change impacting Landlock [1]. Please keep in mind to add at least maintainers and related mailing-lists for changes on related subsystems.
>>>

>> That is the usual practice and if I notice missing maintainers, I add
>> them. We missed this one.
>>
>>> The following patch almost revert commit a917dd94b832 ("selftests/landlock: drop deprecated headers dependency") and partially fixes commit 49de12ba06ef ("selftests: drop KSFT_KHDR_INSTALL make target"):
>>>

>> Guillaume,
>>
>> Will you be able to look at this and send a patch on top? I will
>> send another pull request before merge window closes?
>
> Sure, I'll take a look today.

Thank you.

> Also I'll see if we can add some extra build tests in KernelCI
> for the kselftest tree to catch issues like these automatically.

Yes. Adding tests to catch these automatically will be great.
Please refer to use-cases for kselftest for tips on tests to
add. Beig able to build from individual test directory is one
of the use-cases.

thanks,
-- Shuah

  Last update: 2022-08-03 16:33    [W:0.292 / U:0.068 seconds]