SubjectRe: [syzbot] upstream boot error: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request in blk_mq_map_swqueue
From
On 8/26/22 06:15, Aleksandr Nogikh wrote:
> Syzbot would have included the USB mailing list and the USB
> maintainers if it saw that the bug might be related to this subsystem.
> The bot's guess was that it was the BLOCK LAYER subsystem, so it Cc'd
> only the general lists and linux-block@vger.kernel.org
>
> Is there anything in this bug report that can reliably indicate that
> the bug has to do with USB? If there is, we can definitely adjust our
> guilty subsystem recognition logic.

Hi Aleksandr,
I may have been to fast with my conclusion that the root cause is in
the USB subsystem.

Regarding your question, can syzbot inspect the console log and scan for
"scsi host%d: %s" strings? The text next to the colon comes from the
SCSI host template "name" member and hence indicates which SCSI LLD
driver is involved.

Thanks,

Bart.

  Last update: 2022-08-26 18:30    [W:0.052 / U:0.464 seconds]