SubjectRe: linux-parisc compile failure in current git
From
On 8/17/22 22:59, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> Hi--
>
> On 6/23/21 13:33, Helge Deller wrote:
>> * Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@kernel.org>:

> [snip]

>>> Sorry for my late reply.
>>
>> Me too.... :-(
>
> Sorry to jump in even later, but:
>
> I see that
> $ make ARCH=parisc64 defconfig
> does set CONFIG_64BIT.
>
> Is there a way to do
> $ make ARCH=parisc64 allmodconfig
> ?
> That does not set CONFIG_64BIT in my testing.
> (testing on linux-next-20220817)

Right. It seems to delete the CONFIG_64BIT which was set earlier.

> I would like to have a command-line method to do that,
> without editing the .config file.

I found your patch for riscv:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20210912034538.19404-1-rdunlap@infradead.org/
and added a similiar one for parisc into my for-next git tree:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/deller/parisc-linux.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=34793a5d09d9122f90acfa7e8f705436d5090d4d

Does that help?

Although, I'd prefer a generic solution for this problem, e.g.
a new KCONFIG_MIN_RAND_CONFIG=$(srctree)/arch/parisc/configs/32-bit.config
option which is used by randconfig/allmodconfig/....
Then it could be set once, and we can get rid of adding similiar patches
to the arches, e.g. in arch/parisc/Makefile it could be:
ifeq ($(ARCH),parisc64)
KBUILD_DEFCONFIG := generic-64bit_defconfig
KCONFIG_MIN_RAND_CONFIG = $(srctree)/arch/parisc/configs/64-bit.config
else
KBUILD_DEFCONFIG := generic-32bit_defconfig
KCONFIG_MIN_RAND_CONFIG = $(srctree)/arch/parisc/configs/32-bit.config
endif
Thoughts?

Helge

  Last update: 2022-08-19 12:41    [W:0.095 / U:0.140 seconds]