SubjectRe: Missing MIPI IPU6 camera driver for Intel Alder Lake laptops
On (22/08/17 08:09), Sakari Ailus wrote:

> Do note that USB webcams in Alder Lake laptops still work as usual, with
> the uvcvideo driver.

A massive +1 to this.

> This of course does not help the owners of such hardware but perhaps
> explains the current state of affairs a little. Eventually we will need a
> new kernel interface for this but at this point I can't tell whether it
> will be based on KCAM Sergey mentioned, or not.

We don't consider KCAM ready and this is why we have not published it
to the mailing list. We haven't really started with KCAM yet, but we
are about to do so. And I'm sure that we will find out a thing or two
missing or not working properly while we convert a real H/W driver to
KCAM. We will sit down and write some code to address those problems.

  Last update: 2022-08-17 11:52    [W:0.174 / U:0.060 seconds]