SubjectRe: perf tools man pages on the web
Hi Ian and Adrian,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 7:56 AM Ian Rogers <irogers@google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 5:05 AM Adrian Hunter <adrian.hunter@intel.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I notice man pages on man7.org e.g.
> >
> > https://www.man7.org/linux/man-pages/man1/perf.1.html
> >
> > do not get updated every release, and I wondered if the perf tools
> > man pages should also be under:
> >
> > https://docs.kernel.org/tools/index.html
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Sounds good to me. I'm assuming it would be some kind of build step
> that would take the man pages and add them to what linux-doc needs?

I guess it's the RST format. I'm not sure if there's a converter
from asciidoc to RST. Anyway having the perf man pages in the
tools section looks good.

> Fwiw, there has been some effort to try to improve the wiki:
> https://perf.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page
> For example, the useful links are now broken apart and have more
> links, there is a work-in-progress glossary. Perhaps there can be some
> guidance on what to capture and where.

Thanks for working on this. I really need to take a look...

Thanks,
Namhyung

  Last update: 2022-08-16 09:56    [W:0.086 / U:0.008 seconds]