Subjectbrief and incomplete summary of the first instance of the series
Date
Hello,

Yesterday, we had the first instance of the DAMON Beer/Coffee/Tea chat
series[1], which is intended to be an open, regular, and informal
community-based bi-weekly syncup meeting for DAMON. I was very excited to meet
with the community people who have interest in DAMON and exchange our name in
voice. Thank you again to all people who joined in yesterday. Below is a
brief and incomplete summary of the yesterday meeting. Note that I will only
occasionally post this kind of summaries, not for every instance of the series.

- Several people from various org including Tencent, Intel, AWS, and some
universities joined.
- We introduced ourselves and for what we want to use DAMON.
- SJ introduced current DAMON development process, long term future plans, and
near-future plans.
- There were some questions.
- Why DAMON debugfs has number of target ids limit of 32?
- No reason at all. Please feel free to post a patch for increasing or
removing the limit.
- What's the plan for DAMON's cgroup support?
- The rough idea is to receive cgroup id as the target id of DAMON.
- Definitely need more works.

If there is something I missed or wrong, please let me know.

Google Meet[2]. Please feel free to propose any agenda on the Google Doc[3].

Looking forward to meet more community people there!

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/damon/20220810225102.124459-1-sj@kernel.org/
[2] https://meet.google.com/ndx-evoc-gbu
[3] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v43Kcj3ly4CYqmAkMaZzLiM2GEnWfgdGbZAH3mi2vpM/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,
SJ

  Last update: 2022-08-16 18:30    [W:0.086 / U:0.032 seconds]