SubjectSelecting CPUs for queuing work on
Hi workqueue maintainers,

In the KFD (amdgpu) driver we found a need to schedule bottom half
interrupt handlers on CPU cores different from the one where the
top-half interrupt handler runs to avoid the interrupt handler stalling
the bottom half in extreme scenarios. See my latest patch that tries to
use a different hyperthread on the same CPU core, or falls back to a
different core in the same NUMA node if that fails:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220811190433.1213179-1-Felix.Kuehling@amd.com/

Dave pointed out that the driver may not be the best place to implement
such logic and suggested that we should have an abstraction, maybe in
the workqueue code. Do you feel this is something that could or should
be provided by the core workqueue code? Or maybe some other place?

Thank you,
  Felix

--
F e l i x K u e h l i n g
PMTS Software Development Engineer | Linux Compute Kernel

  Last update: 2022-08-12 22:27    [W:0.514 / U:0.008 seconds]