SubjectRe: [Regression?] Linux 5.19-rc5 gets stuck on boot, not rc4
From
On 05.07.22 15:50, torvic9@mailbox.org wrote:

> Linux 5.19-rc5 does not boot on my Kaby Lake Thinkpad.
> rc3 and rc4 were still fine, so I guess something between rc4 and rc5
> introduced a regression.
>
> Unfortunately, there are no errors or warning messages.
> It gets stuck quite early on boot, about the time USB is initialized,
> so less than 1 second into post-bootloader boot.
> It then just sits there doing nothing - SysRq still works though.
>
> I don't have time for a bisect, but I thought I'll let you know about
> this issue, and maybe someone already has an idea.
> [...]

This is mostly dealt with already, as can be seen from this thread,
nevertheless adding it to the tracking:

#regzbot ^introduced ee7a69aa38d8
#regzbot title drm: fbdev/simplefb: Linux 5.19-rc5 gets stuck on boot,
not rc4
#regzbot ignore-activity
#regzbot fixed-by: bf43e4521ff3223a

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.

  Last update: 2022-07-07 10:22    [W:0.126 / U:0.116 seconds]