SubjectRe: [net-next: PATCH] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: fix speed setting for CPU/DSA ports
pon., 25 lip 2022 o 15:32 Russell King (Oracle)
<linux@armlinux.org.uk> napisał(a):

> On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 03:21:44PM +0300, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 02:18:45AM +0200, Marcin Wojtas wrote:
> > > I can of course apply both suggestions, however, I am wondering if I
> > > should resend them at all, as Russell's series is still being
> > > discussed. IMO it may be worth waiting whether it makes it before the
> > > merge window - if not, I can resend this patch after v5.20-rc1,
> > > targetting the net branch. What do you think?
> >
> > I just don't want a fix for a known regression to slip through the cracks.
> > You can resend whenever you consider, but I believe that if you do so now
> > (today or in the following few days), you won't conflict with anybody's work,
> > considering that this has been said:
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 11:57:20PM +0100, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> > > Well, at this point, I'm just going to give up with this kernel cycle.
> > > It seems impossible to get this sorted. It seems impossible to move
> > > forward with the conversion of Marvell DSA to phylink_pcs.
>
> That is correct - I'm not intending to submit it, because there's not
> enough time to sort out the mess that has been created by comments
> on the approach coming way too late.
>
> And in fact, I'm now _scared_ to submit a revision of it. I don't want
> to get into writing lots more replies that take hours to compose only
> to have responses that require yet more multi-hour sessions to reply
> to, which only then lead to the cycle repeating with no sign of an end
> to it. Something is very wrong with email as a communication tool when
> things get to that point.
>
> So, I won't be working on this. Someone else can sort the problem.

Thank you for the heads-up, I understand your concerns. I'll resubmit
this patch then and rebase my 'fwnode_' v3 onto it.

Best regards,
Marcin

  Last update: 2022-07-25 15:45    [W:0.097 / U:0.012 seconds]