SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Regression likely in hid_uclogic driver breaks Huion Inspiroy H640 drawing tablet
On Fri, 22 Jul 2022, Stefan Hansson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Somewhere between Linux 5.17.6 and 5.18.11 the Huion tablet I have stopped
> working properly. In GNOME Control Center it is identified as Huion New 1060
> Plus, however that's a different tablet than the one I have. Mine is a Huion
> Inspiroy H640, and it uses the hid_uclogic driver.
>
> With Linux 5.17.6, the tablet works as expected with all the buttons being
> detected and the stylus being usable. With 5.18.11, the buttons work fine but
> the stylus does not work correctly. The first time I approach the tablet with
> the stylus it works properly, i.e., the cursor on my screen moves around and
> follows the stylus around the tablet as expected. It continues working like
> this until I remove the stylus from the tablet. After I remove it from the
> tablet, the cursor never gets controlled by the stylus again. I can see that
> the tablet detects the stylus (it has a small indicator light), but the cursor
> doesn't move when I approach the tablet again. To clarify, with Linux 5.17.6,
> the cursor moves around just fine when I remove and then put it back to the
> tablet, just as you would expected.
>
> It may also be worth noting that it worked fine when I previously used it
> around six months ago, although I'm not sure what version of Linux I was using
> at that time (whatever Fedora shipped back then). I also tried reproducing it
> with yesterday's linux-next and Linux 5.19.0-RC7, and the behaviour was the
> same as 5.18.11. I am currently trying to bisect this, but it's not going very
> fast as I currently only have access to a dual core laptop from 2014, so
> building Linux takes a good while.

Thanks for the report. CCing José who has been doing a lot of work in this
area recently, maybe he has an immediate idea.

If not, perhaps bisecting the hid-uclogic.c commits between the two
kernels would be the quickest option.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2022-07-23 13:41    [W:0.088 / U:0.604 seconds]