    SubjectRe: [patch 00/38] x86/retbleed: Call depth tracking mitigation
    On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 12:36:38 -0700
    Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org> wrote:

    > I'd rather not remove it (or do it dynamically) since the point is to
    > test what has been generated by the toolchain/build process and stuffed
    > into the .rodata section. i.e. making sure gadgets there can't be
    > executed, that the boot-time section permission-setting works correctly,
    > etc. Before the retbleed mitigation, this test worked for all
    > architectures; I'd hate to regress it. :(

    If you haven't noticed my reply, I wasn't able to come up with a one line
    workaround, but I was able to come up with a two line workaround. Hopefully
    that will be good enough to keep your little feature.

    https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220720151123.0e5bf61e@gandalf.local.home/

    I'm currently running it under my entire ftrace test suite. If it passes,
    I'll submit a formal patch.

    -- Steve

      Last update: 2022-07-20 21:45    [W:4.375 / U:0.052 seconds]