SubjectRe: [REGRESSION] amd-pstate doesn't work since v5.18.11
Date
Hello.

On úterý 12. července 2022 19:50:33 CEST Limonciello, Mario wrote:
> [Public]
>
> + Ray

Here's my `lscpu`:

```
Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Address sizes: 43 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 24
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-23
Vendor ID: AuthenticAMD
Model name: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12-Core Processor
CPU family: 23
Model: 113
Thread(s) per core: 2
Core(s) per socket: 12
Socket(s): 1
Stepping: 0
Frequency boost: enabled
CPU(s) scaling MHz: 59%
CPU max MHz: 3800,0000
CPU min MHz: 2200,0000
BogoMIPS: 7589.71
Flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid aperfmperf rapl pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt tce topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb bpext perfctr_llc mwaitx cpb cat_l3 cdp_l3 hw_pstate ssbd mba ibpb stibp vmmcall fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 cqm rdt_a rdseed adx smap clflushopt clwb sha_ni xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 xsaves cqm_llc cqm_occup_llc cqm_mbm_total cqm_mbm_local clzero irperf xsaveerptr rdpru wbnoinvd arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold avic v_vmsave_vmload vgif v_spec_ctrl umip rdpid overflow_recov succor smca sev sev_es
Virtualization: AMD-V
L1d cache: 384 KiB (12 instances)
L1i cache: 384 KiB (12 instances)
L2 cache: 6 MiB (12 instances)
L3 cache: 64 MiB (4 instances)
NUMA node(s): 1
NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-23
Vulnerability Itlb multihit: Not affected
Vulnerability L1tf: Not affected
Vulnerability Mds: Not affected
Vulnerability Meltdown: Not affected
Vulnerability Mmio stale data: Not affected
Vulnerability Spec store bypass: Mitigation; Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl
Vulnerability Spectre v1: Mitigation; usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization
Vulnerability Spectre v2: Mitigation; Retpolines, IBPB conditional, STIBP conditional, RSB filling
Vulnerability Srbds: Not affected
Vulnerability Tsx async abort: Not affected

```

> > Perry.
>
> Thanks this is the sort of thing I was worried might happen as a result of requiring
> the _OSC. It was introduced as part of that commit 8beb71759cc8.
>
> To solve it I think we need to add more things to cpc_supported_by_cpu
> (https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/525496a030de4ae64bb9e1d6bfc88eec6f5fe6e2/arch/x86/kernel/acpi/cppc.c#L19)
>
> The question is how do we safely detect the shared memory designs?
> These are a fixed quantity as newer designs /should/ be using the MSR.
>
> I am tending to thing that unfortunately we need to have an allow-list of shared
> memory design here unless someone has other ideas.

Happy to test any patches as needed.

--
Oleksandr Natalenko (post-factum)

  Last update: 2022-07-12 19:54    [W:0.090 / U:0.288 seconds]