SubjectRe: Please add another drm/msm tree to the linux-next
On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 05:19:42PM +0300, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> I would appreciate if you could add
>
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/lumag/msm.git msm-next-lumag
>
> to the linux-next tree.
>
> This tree is a part of drm/msm maintenance structure. As a co-maintainer I
> collect and test display patches, while Rob concenctrates on GPU part of the
> driver. Later during the release cycle these patchesare pulled by Rob Clark
> directly into msm-next.
>
> During last cycle Rob suggested adding this tree to the linux-next effort,
> so that the patches receive better integration testing during the Linux
> development cycle.

Have you guys thought of group maintainering? Single point of failure
trees freak me out a bit, it tends to build silos pretty hard. Simplest
path is to just toss it all into drm-misc, but at least have one tree for
your driver. Building new single maintainer silos after I've run around
for years collecting them all is rather meh.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

  Last update: 2022-06-24 23:06    [W:0.939 / U:0.056 seconds]