SubjectRe: [net-next: PATCH 00/12] ACPI support for DSA
On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 07:55:44PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 05:02:13PM +0200, Marcin Wojtas wrote:

> > It turned out that without much hassle it is possible to describe
> > DSA-compliant switches as child devices of the MDIO busses, which are
> > responsible for their enumeration based on the standard _ADR fields and
> > description in _DSD objects under 'device properties' UUID [1].
>
> No surprises there. That is how the DT binding works. And the current
> ACPI concept is basically DT in different words. Maybe the more
> important question is, is rewording DT in ACPI the correct approach,
> or should you bo doing a more native ACPI implementation? I cannot
> answer that, you need to ask the ACPI maintainers.

You beat me up to this. I also was about to mention that the problem with such
conversions (like this series does) is not in the code. It's simplest part. The
problem is bindings and how you get them to be a standard (at least de facto).

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

  Last update: 2022-06-20 20:09    [W:0.295 / U:0.356 seconds]