SubjectRE: arch/riscv: SV48 patch series questions
Date

It is not CPU errata.
RISC-V cpu can have sv39, sv48 or even sv57. If it is a heterogenous system, cpu cores in the system might have different sv. Eg: one cpu can be sv39 and another core is sv48.
In this case, auto detection is not work. So, Patch-13 can help in this use case.

> > Patches not merged:
> > [v3,10/13] riscv: Improve virtual kernel memory layout dump [v3,11/13]
> > Documentation: riscv: Add sv48 description to VM layout [v3,12/13]
> > riscv: Initialize thread pointer before calling C functions [v3,13/13]
> > riscv: Allow user to downgrade to sv39 when hw supports sv48 if !KASAN
> >
> > [1]:
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-riscv/cover/20211206104657.
> > 433304-1-alexandre.ghiti@canonical.com/

Thanks.

Regards
Ley Foon

  Last update: 2022-06-02 07:44    [W:0.377 / U:0.664 seconds]