SubjectRe: Question about hwpoison handling of 1GB hugepage
Date
On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 02:17:58AM +0000, HORIGUCHI NAOYA(堀口 直也) wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 08:03:03PM +0800, Liu Shixin wrote:
> > Hello Naoya,
> >
> > Is there any progress on memory error handling on 1GB hugepage : )
>
> Hi Shixin,
>
> I have a little ..., I found that error handling fails for anonymous 1GB
> hugepage because __page_handle_poison() fails. I don't pinpoint the issue
> precisely yet, but I feel that there's some issue in free_gigantic_page()
> that fails to send the victim raw page to buddy. I don't think that this is
> an critical issue because the error page should not be reused (it's isolated
> but not in controlled manner). This prevents unpoisoning and make testing
> inefficient, so I'd like to fix.

I posted a patchset enabling 1GB hugepage support,
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20220602050631.771414-1-naoya.horiguchi@linux.dev/T/#u

It passed my testing but I appreciate it if you try testing it
in your workload.

Thanks,
Naoya Horiguchi

> > Thanks,
> > Liu Shixin

> > > Hello Shixin,
> > >
> > > It's little unclear to me about what behavior you are expecting and
> > > what the infinite loop repeats, could you explain little more about them?
> > > (I briefly tried to reproduce it, but didn't make it...)

> > > Thank you for the analysis.
> > > So this patch might make 31286a8484a8 unnecessary, that's a good news.

> > > These are simply minimum requirements, but might not be sufficient.
> > > We need testing (with removing 31286a8484a8) to make sure that
> > > there's no issues on some corner cases.
> > > (I start to extend existing hugetlb-related testcases to 1GB ones.)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Naoya Horiguchi

  Last update: 2022-06-02 07:15    [W:0.040 / U:0.876 seconds]