SubjectRe: [musl] Re: [GIT PULL] asm-generic changes for 5.19
From
On 6/1/22 00:01, Huacai Chen wrote:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/chenhuacai/linux-loongson.git/log/?h=loongarch-next
> has been updated. Now this branch droped irqchip drivers and pci
> drivers. But the existing irqchip drivers need some small adjustment
> to avoid build errors [1], and I hope Marc can give an Acked-by.
> Thanks.
>
> This branch can be built with defconfig and allmodconfig (except
> drivers/platform/surface/aggregator/controller.c, because it requires
> 8bit/16bit cmpxchg, which I was told to remove their support).
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/e7cf33a170d0b4e98e53744f60dbf922@kernel.org/T/#t

I see the loongarch-next HEAD has been updated and it's now purely arch
changes aside from the two trivial irqchip cleanups. Some other changes
to the v11 patchset [1] are included, but arguably minor enough to not
invalidate previous Reviewed-by tags.

After some small tweaks:

- adding "#include <asm/irqflags.h>" to arch/loongarch/include/asm/ptrace.h,
- adding an arch/loongarch/include/uapi/asm/bpf_perf_event.h with the
same content as arch/arm64's, and
- adding "depends on ARM64 || X86" to
drivers/platform/surface/aggregator/Kconfig,

the current loongarch-next HEAD (commit
36552a24f70d21b7d63d9ef490561dbdc13798d7) now passes allmodconfig build
(with CONFIG_WERROR disabled; my Gentoo-flavored gcc-12 seems to emit
warnings on a few drivers).

The majority of userspace ABI has been stable for a few months already,
after the addition of orig_a0 and removal of newfstatat; the necessary
changes to switch to statx are already reviewed [2] / merged [3], and
have been integrated into the LoongArch port of Gentoo for a while. Eric
looked at the v11 and gave comments, and changes were made according to
the suggestions, but it'd probably better to get a proper Reviewed-by.

Among the rest of patches, I think maybe the EFI/boot protocol part
still need approval/ack from the EFI maintainer. However because the
current port isn't going to be able to run on any real hardware, maybe
that part could be done later; I'm not sure if the unacknowledged EFI
bits should be removed as well.

Arnd, what do you think about the current branch's status? Do Huacai
need to send a quick final v12 to gather tags?

[1]:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220518092619.1269111-1-chenhuacai@loongson.cn/
[2]: https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2022-May/139127.html
[3]: https://go-review.googlesource.com/c/go/+/407694

  Last update: 2022-06-01 08:04    [W:0.088 / U:0.784 seconds]